Today we bring you one of the minds behind Legacy Games, designer and distribution manager Patrick Lee. He was very kind answering a few questions for us about promoting indie games.
Legacy Games team (From left to right): Sebastian Jennings, Patrick Lee, Frank Howell, Jamar Graham, Matteo Marjoram.
1. So far, what is the game you are most proud of and why?
The game I'm proudest to have worked on is Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep. It's very polished in all aspects, from the art, to the sound effects, music, level design, everything. It has won awards for its innovative mix of familiar match-3 gameplay and realistic physics puzzles. It's one of our most beloved, well reviewed, and successful PC and mobile titles!
2. Can you tell us, for the developers out there, how did you promote it? Or give out your 3 best tips for promoting an indie game with 0 budget.
1. Make lots of friends with people in the industry, from publishers, distributors, reviewers, or other developers. If people like you, they're more likely to promote your game in their stores or blogs or wherever.
2. Always respond to customers and fans. A little bit of good customer service goes a long way!
3. Give your game a funny, descriptive, or interesting title. It's the first thing most people will see, so catch their attention early on.
The good news is you can now purchase 7 Legacy games at special prices: http://www.playinjector.com/